Thursday, September 18, 2008

To the VA

http://www.veterans.arkansas.gov/
Tomorrow I go to the VA for an appointment. I hate checkups, but I do it because, come hell or high water I'm going to try and retire at 62. It might not happen, I may be 66 the way the economy is going.

Anyway, back to the VA. I've been going every six months since I got back from Desert Storm, not because I like going there. Its like Insurance, when I retire at 62, or if I do...the VA will be my only insurance. I have a service connected disability so it pays for me to go for checkups.

Why should'nt I go? Its there, its a benefit and its free. I got alot out of my time in service and this is one of the best things about being a Vet.

When I starting going to the VA in late 1991, I saw mostly older guys. Now, I see young people alot. Iraq is making a lot of Vets and alot of them are disabled.

So tonight, I'm going to eat a late meal, I was told to fast after midnight, so I'll eat at 2330 hrs.